I do still have a baking excursion to relay, but the real reason for my recent lack of posts is one, our August heat wave, and two, my newest kitchen hobby, canning. Joe and I spent last weekend in the Catskills and stopped at a farm stand on the way home, where I couldn’t resist buying a 25-lb box of canning tomatoes for $10.00! Now I have 13 rosy pints of tomatoes put aside. But please don’t ask me for one – I’d really prefer not to risk poisoning my friends with botulism. Besides, it took me 6 months to bake bread for a crowd. Canning isn’t the simplest process either. If you really insist though you can have a jar of dilly beans.
- Sourdough English Muffins
- Happy, Healthy Sourdough Starter!
- Nursing a starter back to health.
- crusty white peasant-style pot bread
- Greatest bread site ever!
- Putting Food By
- Country-Style Hearth Loaf with Cornmeal, Cilantro, and Coarse Pepper
- Honey Wheat Bread with Poppy Seeds and Lemon
- Late-Night Labors